Monday, February 28, 2011

Spring Break outfit

No... I'm not going to blog about bikinis and daisy dukes (for which you should all be grateful). Rather the spring break outfit that a 8 week old would/could wear. Yes - I've finally stopped endlessly staring into her bluey-blacky eyes long enough to sew something. She did sit on my lap for the final hemming - so it was a team effort. Here is Harper's spring break ensemble...


We are heading to Austin, TX for Spring Break in a couple weeks - which entails a 19 hour car ride with 3 (yes 3 now) kidlets. That is a blog post in itself, but for now, the outfit. Harper needs some clothes to wear in the sun- and I need/want to try out all the fantastic tutorials I've favorite-ed over the past few years.



I modified this dress tutorial to be a sleeveless dress/top. Add the diaper cover from here - and we have an outfit! The owl fabric was from the Crafty Planet and the linen was from Joanns.

While I think the little miss looks pretty dang cute even in her puke stained onesies, I especially like her in a homemade outfit from her mama. She seems to like it too!



It even got a smile out of her :)



Too much fun to sew for her -minute amounts of fabric used, and she doesn't argue about wearing it! Hooray! I think it is roomy enough to last if spring or summer ever arrives in Minnesota again...

Harper says "Bye now"...

1 comment:

Laura said...

You are so damn talented, Emily! Puts the rest of us to shame...