Saturday, January 16, 2010

Batwing Top & Ribbon Headbands

I'm such a slave to the crafty blog-o-sphere, so when the divas out there create, I am inspired. Brooke called me last week and directed me to go immediately to the Batwing top on Burda. A-DOR-A-BLE. (Free as well, people... by the talented pixielink). This is especially nice for when I'm feeling puffy. Which is lately. After a successful thrifting trip this morning, and the corresponding purchase of a zillion yards of a flowery thrifted knit fabric, my own batwing top was attempted.


While not perfect (what ever is?) I love it. Tres comfy... and I learned how to do a decent v-neck. I think it would look better in a solid... and though I did not photograph it, it was super cute with a little knot tied on the bottom as well. I omitted the cuffs and just hemmed the sleeves and bottom.


Another tutorial out there caught my eye this week. Disney posted a tutorial here on making an embellished ribbon headband. I combined it with this tutorial (one of my favorites) and made a few. Matching mother/daughter ones...



I whipped this up from a scrap of the trim from my Grandmother's wedding dress.

I haven't decided if it will be embellished more than it already is, does it need a button or jewel? It is so pretty as is. This shot shows how I attached the hair binder.

Somewhat sadly, these headband shots forced me to purchase some hair dye, so looks like we'll have an exciting Saturday night here at the homestead! Slave to fashion that I am, and all :)

2 comments:

Nanny Ree said...

love the headbands esp moms ---i do not think it needs more embellishment--so dainty....nice job....

batwing top looks good as well ... but if you are over 150...the batwing top is not for you--trust me on that fashionista....

Brenda said...

I really love those cute headbands.