Tuesday, November 24, 2009

randomness from Monday

This post is scattered and random, kind of like me, as of late. It all relates to some quick shopping from Monday though, so that is the "tie".

I managed to hit Joann's $1.99 pattern day (McCall's and Simplicity) on Monday. Looks like I have the makings of a new wardrobe. Can't wait to try out some of these! They may have to wait until after some holiday sewing is done though...

On Monday, I also found a souvenir tablecloth at a thrift store. I've been looking for one of these off and on for awhile now, and I am SOOOOOOOOO thrilled with this one. Whether it is actually vintage or not, I'm not sure, but it is fun! It does still have the original sticker on it from when it was purchased- and I only paid 99 cents!

At another thrift store, I found a retro end table. Only $2.95. I haven't decided how/if it will be painted or repurposed... time will tell. I've got some new (to me) wing chairs coming to replace these checkered chairs, so I wanted a table that was shorter than the vintage sewing machine that "lived" there before. My mom is moving these chairs to her new condo in Florida. Between my mother, sister and myself, it is usually a bit of a free for all or switch-eroo with all of us in regards to furniture and who has what at any given time. Dave has a hard time keeping up. I suggest he does not try :)


You may see the paint bucket behind the chair. On Monday I also got a wild hair to change the paint color in the kitchen and family room. The walls are divided into 3 sections by some trim pieces. It had been painted 3 different BRIGHT colors. Now, I'm neutralizing a bit and going with 3 different shades of khaki/tan. We've got enough going on with all the bright furniture and accessories, so I'm going to make the wall less of a distraction. Now, the room is in chaos, with 1/2 the furniture pushed to the center of the room, and the other 1/2 hauled into the front room.

No comments: