Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Recent thrifting

G and I went to a few thrift store last week... seems we do best when we stop in FREQUENTLY. We find a little each time. Here are some of my recent favorites....

Always find SOME fabric and/or linens. The top right side is a yard or so of an Amy Butler fabric - yep, 99 cents. Some pillow cases (the green one bottom left looks like IKEA and wants to be pjs for Griff, while the one on the right is vintage fabulous), some knit fabric and a large retro sheet. So many ideas... so little time :)

Also found this painted red picnic basket. It is not as shiny in life as this picture looks...I love it. It is holding my current sewing projects.

I found enough buttons to fill about 1/2 of the left most jar...

A large serving plate (with our muffins from breakfast today)...


Grace and LuLu (Rowan's dolls) got a new wagon for their toys. (The bunk bed was a previous find... and I whipped up the mattresses from some ticking).


Rowan learned all about Perler beads this summer when her cousins were in town. I found tons of beads and some of the molds/forms... 6 bucks for it all. Now we just have to keep sorting the dang beads!



I love her first Perler bead design... peace out!



2 comments:

Heather said...

Great finds! I love that plate

... said...

what a find in the fabric and buttons. it is inspiring me to go thrifting this week.