Monday, September 28, 2009

Corsage T-Shirt

I saw Adrienne blog here about making a corsage on the neckline of a t-shirt a while back, and filed it away (ahem...mentally) for "someday". Yesterday became someday when I discovered a small stain on one of my favorite (read: most comfortable) t-shirts. I found an old blue shirt in the "scrap" pile and cut out 2 sizes of circles - one the size of a jam jar lid and one the size of my 1/4 cup measuring cup. I cut out 18 of each and then set the smaller on top of the larger. I followed Adrienne's directions - putting a small fold/crimp in them and then sewing them on to the neckline of my shirt.

Here is a shot of the cutting. I'd recommend NOT using a fabric marker to trace, as I had to wash it prior to wearing it. I think a pencil would have worked fine.

And a close up of the finished corsage...

I showed Dave the finished T and he asked "But what shirt will you really put the blue thing on?". Guess he is not as enamored as I am with it?




Not sure if you can see, but as few of the upper flower "petals" have writing on them. I thought it would add a bit of character.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Love the way this turned out. Husband never really appreciates my creations, either, but I really like the mixing of colors!

Heather said...

Oh that looks wonderful. What a great way to spruce up a t-shirt

Emily said...

Thanks Adrienne and Heather. I am quite happy with it :) seems a bit "dressier" than the normal old v-neck.

Lily Boot said...

wow! that looks lovely! My mum and I have been wanting to make something like this for ages - I can't wait to show her.