Friday, August 21, 2009

Birthday Apron

We are celebrating my sister-in-law Theresa's birthday this weekend at her cabin. She requested an apron as her gift - how cool is that? I used this apron as a my inspiration... and Amy Butler lotus fabric, some vintage ribbon that was in my husband's (and thus sister-in-law's) family, and a pile of homemade bias tape.

To finish it up, I added a matching ruffle to some rubber gloves. I looked for a more neutral color, but it was either purple or day-glow yellow.... so purple won out.

Here is the pocket detail with the vintage ribbon. I wish I had a bit more ribbon, but this was part of the stash I received from my mother in law. I love the idea of incorporating it on Theresa's gift - keeping it in the family.

Since I've been on a bit of a kick lately, I added a little flower to the bodice corner as well.

My sister is driving down to watch the kids so I can head to the lake. Along with the apron and gloves, I'm bringing Lemon Zucchini cookies (from here - they are amazing), some chicken salad (a different sister-in-law's recipe) and a delish chicken adobe pepper dip (recipe from a niece) that I just may blog about if it ends up as good as I remember! Have a great weekend all....

2 comments:

Beatrix from Kindershop said...

I love this apron. It is so pretty with this gorgeous fabric and fabulous details. I am sure your SIL loved it.

Thudin said...

Love the apron (of course) the gloves make the ensemble perfect. Tessie is a lucky girl :)
Love,
Mom