Monday, May 25, 2009

Holiday weekend...

We celebrated this weekend by spending loads of time with family. We did all the necessary Minnesota "welcome to summer" activities...roasted marshmallows, rolled down a grassy hill, and sang songs to accompany David playing the guitar around the campfire. We also celebrated my nephew's fourth birthday, so that means that there was cake too... what could be better? The kids were on an outdoor high - they played and played and played. They went to bed at night filthy and exhausted... and hopefully dreaming the best dreams! They are both getting so old and independent...much less chasing required this year than in years past. You'd think this was a good thing - and honestly, it is, but it is also a bit bittersweet that they don't need us in the same ways. Here are a few of the pictures...some at my mom's lake and some at Dave's parents house.







These are spiderman hands, btw. He is webbing me...



I may add a bit more photos later... my sister in law and sister took some nice shots I'd like to add :)

No comments: