Monday, April 27, 2009

double Summer Blouses...

I'm posting remotely while on vacation in sunny Austin, Texas. Well, today was not so sunny... but sunnier than we are used to in Minnesota. Last night, to cover 2 bases (another Spring Top for Rae's sew along and a gift for my hostess Aunt) I made 2 more versions of the Weekend Sewing Summer Blouse... but from only one fabric.

The first version, for my Aunt, is sleeveless and in a summery cotton fabric we picked up at Joann's. The only modifications I made (besides removing the sleeves, hello...) were adding 2 inches to the length and taking a bit off the neckline. Here is my Aunt posing a bit dorkily :)

Remember the disclaimer I posted way back that she is not truly the matronly old Aunt? Take my word for it... she is not......

The second version is for me ... since I gave this one to my Grandma, who is here with us as well, busy doing all sorts of ironing for me. Back to the topic though, since I gifted the other, this is really only #2 for me to OWN now, though it is now the 4th one I've actually made. As you'll see, I used the same summery fabric for mine, but since we live like 6 states apart, I figure we'll not end up at the same deck party wearing them :) Unless it is a family function, but then it will be OK, since we are dorky like that.

My mods were 2" to the length and I widened the neckline. I plan to wear it over a tank or swimsuit, so it will work great. Here is mine...

Just cause, here are us both, posing dorkily together~ did I mention we were dorks?


Yep - sweet vacation so far! We've got some skirts and other tops to make, as well as some freezer paper stencils to do on T-shirts with all the kids :) Having a blast!

3 comments:

Thudin said...

Cute - I want one!! Enjoy the rest of your vacation - don't forget the sunglasses and switch for the computer -
Love,
Mom:)

tadpole photography said...

Me too, Me tooo... I want to be a dork toooo!! Miss you:)

Trillium said...

This turned out so gorgeous!! Both versions. What fabric is this? It lools like the perfect weight for this top.