Wednesday, March 25, 2009

umm...more buttercups and headbands

I had a short turn time to produce some gifts for Rowan's school carnival. Like 2 days. Seriously. Since the last Buttercup bag went over so well (Jen liked it, she really liked it!) I decided to make a couple more from scrap fabric I had on hand. Again, can I express my love of the pattern? It is really fun and easy and I think it is fantastic that Rae first of all created it and then posted it on her blog for free. To keep things interesting, I changed things up a bit and did fabric loops around the buttons as clasps instead of the magnetic snaps, and this time I "tucked" the straps inside the bag. Kept the facing and flannel in the straps. These really feel nice and sturdy. Here they are...



Note: if these look vaguely familiar, I probably posted pictures of things made out of the same fabric in the past year...(hello aprons, baby shoes and Brianna's shirt).

I also committed to making more of the 10 minute headbands. Here are a bunch of them in sizes varying from what I hope is toddler/infant to large adult. I did not have any guinea pigs of the toddler/infant variety at 11 pm last night, so I'm crossing my fingers on the sizing! (Yes- I do know that large adults fit just fine for those of us with large brain capacity).

OK, not the most original post. I get it- these are the same 2 crafts that I posted about last time, just more of them :) Hey, I already said I only had like 2 days to create - they are donations/gifts, for goodness sake, not expressions or proof of my creativity (or lack there of). Hope they go over well!

3 comments:

Elliot said...

Emily,
Very cute! I'm so glad you are enjoying the pattern. (:

Rae said...

I'm such a tool...I do this all the time (that was me back there posting as my baby, Elliot) oops! (:

Hermione J. Schwartz said...

What wonderful bags! I must have been the last person to learn of Rae's blog, but thank you for pulling me into the loop!