Sunday, January 11, 2009

The many faces of Griffin

If you read my blog, you may know that my 4 year old son Griffin is a bit of a character. Literally. He becomes somewhat obsessed with his current movie or toys and wants to dress up and act like them. ALL THE TIME. Dave and I hope that he is displaying talents and skills necessary to be a great actor, rather than those associated with numerous personalities.

If you don't believe me, remember this?

Yes, it was Halloween, and it is "normal" to dress up. But, this was also Halloween. Same day, and 2 costumes.

There was also a brief stint as Shaggy from Scooby Doo and Harry Potter. Then he got this movie for Christmas.


But honestly, I did not see this one coming. He normally likes super heros and the like. Last week, on our weekly Friday morning trip to Joann Fabric, he begged for the sparkly green felt so he could be Buddy. How could I possibly not cave when he is such a good shopping partner, and so dang funny? So, introducing, Griffin as "Buddy the Elf".



I had a jumping 4 year old bumping my elbow the entire sewing process yelling "Son of a Nutcracker!". And no pattern, I just threw it together, so don't look too close at the sewing. Look at how silly he looks instead. He is cracking Dave and I up running around the house yelling, "I'm am a cotton headed ninny muggins!" and "There is TOO singing at the North Pole... especially when you are making presents!".



We still have to find yellow tights, and I just found a tutorial online here to make elf shoes, but he is pleased with the results so far.

1 comment:

SnottieCootieBuns said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious! Please update the photo when you get the yellow tights and elf shoes, that will be awesome. All my kid got was a cheap 'ol fireman's jacket from Walmart. (But he loved the ax that came with it.)