I picked up a 1/2 yard set of 3 fabrics here on Etsy and made her bag this weekend. The only veering from the BTRS book I made (besides accommodating for having 3 different fabrics instead of the 2 it called for) were adding a magnetic clasp, elongating the straps a bit and not pleating the lining. Oh, and I did not add the bottom piece of stabilizer. I used this tutorial from the Craft Apple on adding the clasp and am happy with how easy it was. The magnet itself is so strong that I am glad I interfaced it...I had to almost tear it apart to take the interior shot. I'll see my sister in 2 weeks, so posting it is almost mean, but she'll at least know it is done and waiting for her! Happy Birthday Bree~
Here is the bag...
Here is the inside pocket and clasp.
Since I had red thread on the machine (does that tell you how lazy of a sewer I am?), I was able to do another quick project. My friend Jen liked the dishtowel apron I made for my SIL for Christmas. I had a red coordinating pack of towels left (God forbid I buy just one of something) so I whipped up one for her. I opted to not add a pocket this time around, and I doubled the length of the straps. I think it needs the bow in front or is too plain. I debated about a black ruffle trim, since I had a black dish towel from the pack, but Jen wanted an easy apron she could toss in the wash and not worry about messing up... I figured the ruffles might get wonky after washing... I hope she likes it!
And last, I am almost embarrassed to post this, but I will. (Maybe someday it will help to see how far I've come... or make me wonder why I did not keep going...) I'm sure any hard core (or even soft core) knitters would laugh, but I'm dang happy to have finished 2 wash cloths now! Yes - just a garter stitch, so nothing complicated, but I'm getting the hang of it. I have been using one of the washcloths and it makes me giddy to clean up my messy kids. Yep, ridiculous, I know :) That is ok, so am I!