Friday, November 21, 2008

overdue...

I've finally gotten around to finishing some things around here - namely getting Rowan a new pair of glasses, a few embroidery projects and A NEW CAMERA for ME! Hooray! Dave came through due to intense separation and parental guilt from going off hunting the past 2 weekends while I was suffering a cold and sever (says me) sinus congestion. He may have also come through because I've been talking about one for the past 6 months or so. He probably wanted me to just shut up. I offered to forgo a Christmas present - which was awfully nice of me, I thought - so I got this now instead of a month from now. Yes - I feel very spoiled today. If I thought Dave actually read this, I'd say "Thanks" to him here, but I'm fairly certain a crafty blog is not his cup of tea. All the pictures from this post were taken with my new camera! Bear with me while I discover how to work all the bells and whistles!

Here are my overdue embroidery projects finally finished. A couple tea towels with Sublime Stitching patterns and my own cheesy captions. Probably a gift for my mom's birthday - also a bit overdue. I saw a cute towel here with the ribbon edge, so I copied the idea. They were a bit tougher than I thought they'd be. Flour sack towels are not as forgiving as I'd like and I may have to put stabilizer on any tea towels in my future.

I am not sure what to do with this - may be part of a quilt. That is if I can figure out how to make a quilt. I had oval embroidery hoops that led to the design. We'll see what it ends up being.

Here is Miss Rowan with her new specs. She chose them herself and seems to be excited about wearing them for that specific reason. Whatever works! I'm slowly learning to pick my battles carefully.
Just because I don't have enough unfinished projects, I've decided to learn a new craft. Here is a hint. Wish me luck...

No comments: