Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Griffin!

My baby is 4...how did that happen? I've just noticed in the past week or so (now that Rowan has been at school and he can get a word in) just how big Griffin actually is. I mean old big - not just large big... he has always been that! He talks non-stop - mostly about Indiana Jones - and has more questions than stars in the sky. He told me last week, when asking me what his Grandma and Grandpa's "real names" were, that his "real name" was "G -dog". He cracks me up all the time with what comes out of his mouth.

I remember when he slept through the night at 4 weeks old (the benefit of a 10 lbs baby?), started walking at 10 1/2 months and then did not start chatting until closer to 18 months. So opposite his sister - so much his own little personality. He is really a sweet boy, with the best smile and imagination. To celebrate his birthday, we had my family meet for pizza up north this weekend. He dressed as his hero - Indiana Jones. "Call me Indiana" was his mantra... We've now been through phases of John Deere tractors, Jack Sparrow & Pirates of the Caribbean and Spiderman. I'm happy that the Indiana phase seems to be a bit less violent, though definitely requires more climbing, jumping and stunt work.

We'll be heading to Space Aliens for some intergalactic fun tomorrow night to celebrate his birthday with some friends (including Griffin's "my Kim"). Happy Birthday G -Dog!






1 comment:

Brooke said...

Happy Bday Griffie!!! Love the Jones suit! Hope your day is GREAT tommorow - Love Brooke, Grady, Cash and Vada