Monday, July 7, 2008

twilight series


OK - so I'm sure most crafty/family type bloggers will blog about their 4th of July celebrations this week. Since I spent most of mine indoors with 3 books, I can't help but blog about them. I felt after all the energy I spent on placemats and napkins (yes - in the mail and for much less than $200), I deserved a reading holiday. So, first a few disclaimers. The books I read have been out for awhile and apparently have a large following. Huge following - and the first movie is already in production. Admittedly, the following I'm referring to is more the "young adult" crowd, but I'm counting myself in that category as well. I did not see an age range for the categorization of "young adult".

What am I talking/babbling about, you are probably wondering -or have you become immune to my babbling? I read 3 of the 4 books in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight saga this weekend. Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. LOVED LOVED LOVED them. Couldn't put them down, honestly. I read them back to back to back. I'm not sure what my kids and hubby did this holiday - I was a terrible mum and became totally absorbed in Bella and Edwards unorthodox romance. Love me a good romance. Especially when there are vampires and werewolves involved. (I did not totally ignore the chitlins - and will post pics of the later, promise).

Now I have to wait 26, no, 25 more days for the 4th and final book to come out. I'm bummed that I did not know about these books earlier, but also excited that I only have to wait 25 days for the conclusion. Now, I've become a bit obsessed with this series - I have googled every aspect of them. I know the inspiration behind the books, all sorts of details about the author and I've even read the outtakes and deleted chapters. I know what actors are starring in the movie (Helllllllllloooooooooo Cedric Diggory from HP4 - gorgeous) and I have seen the trailers. I may have even bought a t-shirt aligning myself with one of the main characters. Shhhh... don't tell my husband. He does not need to know that I'm acting a bit like a "young adult" in regards to the Twilight series.

Regardless of my personal obsession - I highly recommend the books to all and am looking for peeps to read them and accompany me to the movie. 12/12/08 baby. Can't wait!

No comments: