Monday, May 19, 2008

visiting grandma and grandpa's house

I took the kids up to my dad's this past weekend so we could watch my little sister Lauren's dance recital. Little is probably the wrong word, since she is on the verge of getting her license - and is already taller than me as well. I guess "younger" is more appropriate. Lauren did a fantastic job - as usual, though Griffin and my nephew Oliver did their best to disrupt the 1 o'clock show. Tough for a 2 and 3 year old to sit for 2 1/2 hours - though Lauren in her "scary clown" number did draw his attention at the end - as well as Grandma Carole and Grandpa Jeff getting on stage for a surprise dance to "Grease" music. I am guessing it was a once in a lifetime type occassion to see my father on stage doing the hand jive!! Unfortunately, I was without camera - so no pics of that to post :(

The kids spent a lot of time outside while up north- and I snapped a bunch of photos of them having a blast. Trampoline, rope swing and just plain old dirt kept them very occupied!













They came home last night exhausted and filthy - but excitedly telling their dad all about the fun they had. We'll be visiting everyone again this weekend - to celebrate Brianna's graduation (YEAH BREE!) and Oliver's 3rd birthday. Then we will celebrate with the Thom's - Dave's parents just had their 50th wedding anniversary. Busy, busy, busy!

I finished a few crafts this past week and took pics to post - but I'll do that post tomorrow if I get done with a few more projects tonight!

No comments: